Reflections:
Trained leadership team on eInstruction Clickers, CPS system, Mobi Tablets during summer planning session.
This training happened during the summer for our campus’ leadership team which consisted of seven teachers, two instructional coaches, the principal and the assistant principal.
We had received a few sets of the eInstruction clickers, Mobi tablets and the CPS software towards the end of the school year. I was the first teacher to receive these items and quickly implemented it into my classroom. Over the summer, I continued to strengthen my skills and was able to put together a training for this team.
It was a little nerve racking at first because this particular audience is always full of penetrating questions and I wanted to make sure that I would have the answers. I gave a short presentation and exhibition of some of the features of the products and how I have been implementing them in my classroom as well as other possibilities. The main questions besides the operational type were regarding assessments and reports.
Standards addressed:
TF-IV. Educational technology facilitators apply technology to facilitate a variety of effective assessment and evaluation strategies.
TL-V. Educational technology leaders design, develop, evaluate, and model products created using technology resources to improve and
enhance their productivity and professional practice.
TF-VIII. Educational technology facilitators will contribute to the shared vision for campus integration of technology and foster an
environment and culture conducive to the realization of the vision.
TF-I.A.2. Provide assistance to teachers in identifying technology systems, resources, and services to meet specific learning needs.
Gave overview training to teachers during staff development. Overview covered clickers, tablets and CPS software.
This training was to introduce these tools to the teaching staff. It was designed to just whet their appetite for the products. I gave an overview of the software, tablets and clickers and how I use them in my own classroom. I showed examples of some content available for the lower and upper grade levels. I fielded a few implementation questions and saw some interest. Overall, I could tell that many of the teachers would not use the products unless they were required to. Some of the comments were (I’m paraphrasing), “That’s great, but I have too much to do and don’t have time to learn how to use this stuff” or “I am happy with how I do things in my classroom already, I don’t need these extra things that might break down when I get dependent on it”. We have a lot of technophobes amongst the ranks, but I think we can get them to accept this technology over time. No one disliked it, they just weren’t scrambling to get it into their rooms.
Standards addressed:
TF-I.A.2. Provide assistance to teachers in identifying technology systems, resources, and services to meet specific learning needs.
TF-I.A.1. Assist teachers in the ongoing development of knowledge, skills, and understanding of technology systems, resources, and services that are aligned with district and state technology plans.
TL-II. Educational technology leaders assist by planning, designing, and modeling effective learning environments and experiences
supported by technology at the district/state/regional level.
Trained 2nd, 4th and 5th grade teacher representatives on clickers, tablets and CPS software in separate, one-on-one sessions.
This was a string of personal training sessions with teachers from these grade levels. They were very interested in the product and wanted more training that was specific to their needs. I met with each one of them individually in their own classrooms, listened to their needs and we came up with some ways to effectively use the products in their room with their students. This experience was beneficial not only to those teachers, but to me as well because it helped me get a better understanding of the other grade levels and their needs in regards to technology. Four out of the six teachers that I worked with really blossomed with technology and are becoming leaders for their teams. It felt good to have people seek my assistance and then see them utilize it with successful results. We now bounce ideas off of each other which is kind of like a little learning community.
Standards addressed:
TF-I.A.2. Provide assistance to teachers in identifying technology systems, resources, and services to meet specific learning needs.
TF-I.A.1. Assist teachers in the ongoing development of knowledge, skills, and understanding of technology systems, resources, and services that are aligned with district and state technology plans.
TL-II. Educational technology leaders assist by planning, designing, and modeling effective learning environments and experiences
supported by technology at the district/state/regional level.
Exposed 4th grade team to UDL books, Wiki Spaces and online whiteboard programs.
In one of our staff meetings, some comments were made that we need more technology resources. Some products were mentioned by someone that were kind of pricey. Knowing that purchasing those items was not in our budget and having been through some of the graduate courses at Lamar University, I was able to suggest some free, online applications that addressed those requests. The fourth grade team was starting to get into technology more and I showed them some of the open source, Web 2.0 products that were available. Through the Teaching with Technology course that I took through Lamar University, I learned about the Universal Design for Learning lesson building and e-books. I shared this with the fourth grade team along with e-book I created on perimeter. They ended up using my book in their lessons. I really enjoy sharing information and resources with my colleagues and get a great feeling of satisfaction when I know that it helps them and ultimately their students.
Standards addressed:
TF-I.A.2. Provide assistance to teachers in identifying technology systems, resources, and services to meet specific learning needs.
TF-I.A.1. Assist teachers in the ongoing development of knowledge, skills, and understanding of technology systems, resources, and services that are aligned with district and state technology plans.
TL-II. Educational technology leaders assist by planning, designing, and modeling effective learning environments and experiences
supported by technology at the district/state/regional level.
No comments:
Post a Comment