This is my 3rd week in this course and it has been a whirlwind. I have created an electronic book and a mini lesson based on the principles of Universal Design for Learning. As a teacher, I make lesson plans every week and I do consider the means that I use to deliver the content and ensure engagement. Completing this task of building a UDL lesson has caused me to look even deeper into how I plan and present the material and even more importantly, how the students will execute the tasks and express their understanding and mastery of the content.
It was very interesting and eye-opening to learn about the three brain networks and how they each play a role in a student's learning process. These networks are recognition, strategic and affective. I believe the inclusion of video, computer, textual, audio and tactile presentation and task completion options are key to activating these networks. I look forward to planning my next real lesson using these principles.
No comments:
Post a Comment